Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Well that was exiting

On my jump nr. 4 today I jumped out the plane as usual but when I deployed my canopy I felt my left leg strap in my new harness slide open (aproxx 10 cm) the right one had also loosened a little but not that much. But its a really nasty feeling not knowing what is happening so I just flew my canopy very nice and slow down for landing. When I was on the ground I could easy pull my legs traps fully open. It turned out that there was a little fabric piece in my left buckle that was preventing one of my buckles to fully lock my leg strap. That and the fact that there was some kind of coating on the fabric that was getting full of fine desert sand made it very easy to pull open in a straight pull.

I have now washed the fabric and tested the force to pull it open and now its not possible to pull it open without bending it 90 degree. We have taken pictures and we have video of the landing and when I am pulling the leg strap open just after landing. That we are sending to Manufactor for further investigation.

I am just glad I just had more than 90 jumps in less than 8 days so I was able to quickly compensate for the difference in my harness a Velocity is not the best opening canopy with that much riser difference.

No comments: