Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Speed pressision A new dicipline in Denmark

 

There have been some discussions what to call this discipline at first it was called "Sports precision" but then this discipline would be more of a "sport" than precision in Foil canopies. So now it’s called "Speed precision", mostly because the canopies fly faster than a foil.

DSC_2965

On my behalf it all started just for fun in 2006 where I attended a local boogie where they were having this competition. I thought it would be fun to test my swooping skills on a mattress. I came in second jumping only 3 of 5 rounds.

2007 DFU "Danish skydive federation" decided to make it an official discipline, in the Danish precision Cup both to attract new jumpers, but also to make the sport more attractive to spectators. We are jumping almost after normal precision rules only the circle is 10 m in diameter and every 1m is one whole point but the center 16 cm disc is measuring every 2 cm so you must still land very accurate if you want to stay among the best.

 

DSC_2966

I attended in 2 of 4 of the competitions in 2007 and won both of them and can call my self official Danish Champ in Speed precision 2007 unfortunately I didn’t win the total because I only attended in 2 of the competitions that year. I am flying in my Velocity 103

2008 I am planning to keep the title. But with all the teams I am on at the moment its going to be hard to keep training for all the disciplines, and pro swooping is my favourite discipline right now.

But jumping over Randers city in the middle of the yearly summer festival isn’t something happening every day so I will be there again his year count on that..

 

 DSC_3062 

DSC_3065

No comments: